Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Welcome to My Ta-da




Ta-da: the Merriam-Webster dictionary defines this word to be used as mock fanfare to call attention to something remarkable.I thought this description best fit me in the way I approach everything. In a nutshell, I am creative, and in a painstaking way. So, finally calling something done is a cause for celebration for me.

In most things I do, I always sweat the finishing touches, I step back and look at my work, and then make a tiny adjustment, and then another, and another, until I feel the satisfaction that can only be felt when I know I have created a work of art. In other words- you know the moment when you can step back and exclaim with the greatest sense of accomplishment the best word ever- Ta-Daaaaa! The satisfaction that your work has finally been finished and it was a success.

So this blog will be a record of creations that I want to share, along with my how-to's (I love to share how I did something), and some good information and links to other great ideas and tutorials.

Right now, I am very into baking, writing, decorating, and sewing. So many things I post will be focusd on these things, although I could go just about anywhere with my musings.

The picture of the ballerina is my newest creation. It is fairly easy to make. I was inspired by this photo that has made its rounds many times on Pinterest




The instructions are in Russian, but I found another website that translated them here: Canadian Family. I did make an adjustment to the instructions; she said to cut the side of the snowflake open and tape it back up after you put it around the ballernia's waist. I found that if you cut the inside tip of the snowflake off to make a circle in the middle of it, you can slightly bend the ballerina's arm and slip the snowflake right over her head without cutting the side of the snowflake open. he snowflake stays in place by resting on the ballernia's skirt.

I also altered the instructions to suit my own taste by using 5 sheets of pink tissue paper instead of regular paper for the snowflake skirt. I cut all 5 sheets at once- an intricate design is not required for the snowflake. Then I tied curling ribbon around her waist and curled it before fluffing out the layers of skirt. Then I hung her from invisible thread. As a bonus, I noticed the ballerinas slowly spin on their own on the end of the thread. It is the coolest thing!

They made their debut appearance at my granddaughter's birthday party spinning their way amongst some pink and white balloons. More on the party next time!



Happy crafting and all that. Until next time,

Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment